This blog post is about baking pizza in the camper with the Omnia oven and a silicone mold. We'll show you how easy it can be to prepare delicious pizza on the go.
When we made our first camper trip a few years ago, we were absolute camper novices. While camping trips weren't new to us, I've been for seven years Accompanied camping tours as a guide through the USA and Canada. We made our honeymoon many years ago through Canada and the USA in a tent. However, cooking while camping does not prepare us for our motorhome trip. Camping trips with the Caravan are different. On the one hand more convenient. On the other hand more complex. that pizza bake in the mobile home I wouldn't have thought it was possible at the time.
Bake pizza in the Omnia oven
At first it was clear to me that it was better to think about what to prepare in the camper kitchen beforehand. We knew that the kitchen in our RV was very small. Cooking events with many pots were no longer necessary. However, we only found out over time that you can also bake in a mobile home kitchen. Without an oven like we are used to at home! With Omnia oven recipes like this, it is also possible to bake pizza in the mobile home. Chris shows us how in his camper_culinaric videos.
Chris from camper_culinaric
I met Chris Instagram , where I noticed his recipes. I noticed that in his videos he uses his chef's knives like a pro. After some back and forth, it turned out that Chris actually learned to cook from scratch. After training as a chef, he was drawn out into the world. One year in New Zealand and nine months in Canada and the USA. He was always on the road with the mobile home. With breaks in between as a cook. So a pro! This made me curious about the recipes he prepares in his RV kitchen. We will present some of them to you here in the near future. At the beginning, Chris shows us how to bake pizza in a mobile home.
This is how to bake a pizza in a mobile home
In his video, Chris shows us how he prepares his "pizza bomb" in the Omnia oven. I like the ingredients he uses. They make it very easy to prepare the pizza in the mobile home, for example. But see for yourself:
If you want to bake the pizza in the mobile home, here's a recipe, for example.
- 1 pizza kit with ready-made dough and pizza sauce
- 80g salami
- 80 grams of ham
- 1 onion
- Cheese as desired
Baking a pizza in a mobile home - Here's how
- First, peel the onions and cut them into thin slices.
- Cut the ham and salami into cubes.
- Then you roll out the ready-made pizza dough.
- Spread the pizza sauce from the pizza kit on top.
- You season this with ground pepper.
- Then distribute onion slices, canned corn, ham and salami cubes over the dough.
- Finally, add grated cheese on top.
- Then you roll the dough into a log. This is easy to do by using the baking paper to roll up the dough.
- Now cut the dough roll into slices.
- Place these next to each other in the silicone mold of your Omnia oven.
- Place any ingredients that fell out when rolling up on top of the pizza rolls.
- Sprinkle some grated cheese on top.
- Then place the Omnia oven on your hotplate, put the lid on and bake the pizza for about 25-35 minutes.
Pizza baking in the mobile home is possible with an Omnia oven
This is what you should know about baking pizza in the motorhome
Do you love pizza and often travel in your motorhome? Then the Omnia oven is just right for you. However, there are a few things to keep in mind.
Heat the Omnia oven properly
Before you start baking, properly heating the Omnia oven is crucial. Place the oven on the gas stove and turn the flame to the highest setting. Wait about 5 minutes until the oven is well preheated. Now you can put the dough and ingredients into the mold.
Cleaning the Omnia oven
After enjoyment comes the duty: cleaning. Luckily, the Omnia oven is easy to clean. First, remove any leftover food. Then you can clean the mold with warm water and dish soap. Avoid aggressive cleaners to avoid damaging the coating.
Further tips for using the Omnia oven
- Even heat: To ensure even heat, rotate the oven 10 degrees every 90 minutes.
- Use lid: A closed lid keeps the heat in the oven better and ensures a better baking result.
- Be careful when opening: Open the lid carefully to avoid burns from the hot steam.
With these tips nothing will stand in the way of your pizza adventure in the motorhome. Bon appetit and safe travels!
In any case, we would like to thank Chris very much for the recipe and wish you a lot of fun baking pizza in the mobile home.
Do you also know:
- Good pizza and pasta at the Italian in Victoria
- Apple crumble recipe in the Omnia oven
- Baking bread in the Omnia - This is how bread is baked in the mobile home
- Bake Easter braid in the motorhome
- Quiche Lorraine recipe in the Omnia oven
- Juicy banana bread recipe for the Omnia oven
- Baking supplies store
- Dutch oven sizes
- You can also find Dutch oven accessories
- Dutch oven cleaning and care
- Slow Food in Canada: lobster and caviar
- The Viennese vineyards on #ViennaNow
- Medieval town of Ochsenfurt and its sights
- Gifts for campers
- packing list for campers
- Camping accessories store
- Cool box for camping
Source camper_culinaric. Thanks also to Chris for the recipe.
Text: © Copyright Monika Fuchs and TravelWorldOnline
Photos: © Copyright Chris and Camper_Culinaric
Last update on 30.11.2023/XNUMX/XNUMX / Affiliate links / Images from the Amazon Product Advertising API