What can you do with children in New York?
Visiting a big city is no easy feat when you have kids in tow. The trick is to keep the offspring entertained and to tire them out. New York City offers plenty of fun and adventure for willing visitors. If you're planning a trip to the Big Apple with kids, make sure to put these things to do in New York for kids on your to-do list:
New York for kids at the Bronx Zoo
When visiting New York, the Bronx Zoo is a must-see. Either way, the kids will love it! On an area of over 1 km², young visitors can observe more than 600 different species of mammals, birds, reptiles, fish and insects in their habitats. The world's largest inner-city zoo also boasts breathtaking attractions such as Tiger Mountain, the Congo Gorilla Forest, the Wild Asia Monorail and Madagascar. A visit to the Bronx Zoo is a must for kids of all ages who want to get up close and personal with the creatures that call our planet big and small.
Children's Museum of Manhattan - New York for children
Maybe lions, tigers and bears are a bit too wild for your children and they want something "tamer". In this case, the Children's Museum of Manhattan is definitely the ideal destination. The Children's Museum of Manhattan (CMOM) combines creativity with culture. With its wide range of exhibitions and activities, it also introduces its young visitors to topics such as play, health and education from a global perspective. 350 families buy tickets for the CMOM every year - this is a testament to the great influence that the children's museum has as one of the most educational and inspiring Attractions of New York hat.
Toy store FAO Schwarz – that's a dream for children in New York
Okay, let's admit it: kids need to take home a memento from every trip. So what's better than the greatest toy store in the world? Founded in 1862, FAO Schwarz is the most popular destination for young visitors to New York City. Some attractions of New York cannot be put into words, but have to be seen and experienced with your own eyes. FAO Schwarz is one of them. Let's put it this way: There is no better mix of Santa's workshop and an amusement park. Your wallet will be a little lighter afterwards, but the kids will love you for it.
Family-friendly hotels for traveling to New York with children
Compare the prices of family-friendly hotels for your trip to New York with children here:
- The Hotel Hendricks* offers family rooms with a view of the Empire State Building. Children's meals are available in the restaurant.
- Im Courtyard by Marriott New York Manhattan/Chelsea* are there family rooms
- The Hampton Inn Seaport Financial District* offers family rooms. A simple breakfast buffet is included.
- Im Wall Street Inn* are there family rooms with continental breakfast. A cot is available free of charge on request.
- Want a bigger selection? Then you can here compare family-friendly hotels and prices*.
What else can you do in New York with kids?
There are sure to be many other activities that children will enjoy. Our tips:
- A walk in Central Park
- The American Museum of Natural History
- The ride up the Empire State Building
- The Top of the Rock at Rockefeller Center
- Madame Tussauds
- Try Chinese food in Chinatown
- The Cruise with the Circle Line and Statue of Liberty
- A walk on the Brooklyn Bridge
- Coney Island with beach
Tips for New York
What you need to visit New York
- Comfortable shoes are essential for a New York trip. On a New York tour you walk a lot. The more comfortable your shoes, the more pleasant your tour will be.
- For going to a restaurant in the evening you need comfortable pumps.
- A backpack is very handy for a New York visit. You can store everything in it.
- An A wind and rain jacket is good for sightseeing in New York. The wind often blows violently between the skyscrapers of New York. A jacket like this is very helpful.
- The New York Travel Guide * of course also belongs in the backpack.
- Download an app for subways, buses and trains with maps and timetables * .
Parking at the airport
The best tours and activities in New York
Hotels in Manhattan* you can book here.
Do you also know:
- Why a New York City Pass is useful
- Times Square NY
- New York hotels with the most beautiful views
- The best museums in New York City
- New York Tour on the Big Bus
- Plan your New York trip: Booking tips for flights and accommodation
- New York Helicopter Flight
- The Highline in New York City
- Christmas in New York City - the most beautiful places at Christmas time
- Vancouver Island activities for connoisseurs
- Christmas market in Hellbrunn Palace
- USA road trip – tips from travel bloggers
- NY Cookie
Source New York for Children: On-site research as a tour guide in New York. Our opinion is definitely our own.
Text New York for children: © Copyright Monika Fuchs and TravelWorldOnline
Photos © Copyright Monika Fuchs and TravelWorldOnline as well as Pixabay
Last update on 30.11.2023/XNUMX/XNUMX / Affiliate links / Images from the Amazon Product Advertising API